PCC Italian Turkey Soup
- 3/4 cup orzo pasta Add to list
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil Add to list
- 1 pound ground turkey Add to list
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano Add to list
- 1 teaspoon dried basil Add to list
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram Add to list
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules Add to list
- 3/4 teaspoon ground fennel seed Add to list
- 3/4 teaspoon dried sage Add to list
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme Add to list
- Pinch of red pepper flakes Add to list
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste Add to list
- 2 cups diced onion Add to list
- 1 cup diced celery Add to list
- 1 cup diced carrot Add to list
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic Add to list
- 3 quarts turkey or chicken stock Add to list
- 1/4 pound frozen spinach Add to list
- 6 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese Add to list
Cook orzo in salted, boiling water until tender, 7 to 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add turkey, oregano, basil, marjoram, garlic granules, fennel seed, sage, thyme, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Cook turkey until no longer pink, 7 to 10 minutes. Drain excess oil, if necessary.
Add onions, celery, carrots, garlic and stock. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low and simmer until vegetables are soft, about 15 minutes. Stir in cooked orzo, spinach and Parmesan cheese; heat through. Adjust salt and pepper, as needed.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »