PCC Italian Turkey Soup
- 3/4 cup orzo pasta Add to list
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil Add to list
- 1 pound ground turkey Add to list
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano Add to list
- 1 teaspoon dried basil Add to list
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram Add to list
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules Add to list
- 3/4 teaspoon ground fennel seed Add to list
- 3/4 teaspoon dried sage Add to list
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme Add to list
- Pinch of red pepper flakes Add to list
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste Add to list
- 2 cups diced onion Add to list
- 1 cup diced celery Add to list
- 1 cup diced carrot Add to list
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic Add to list
- 3 quarts turkey or chicken stock Add to list
- 1/4 pound frozen spinach Add to list
- 6 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese Add to list
Cook orzo in salted, boiling water until tender, 7 to 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add turkey, oregano, basil, marjoram, garlic granules, fennel seed, sage, thyme, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Cook turkey until no longer pink, 7 to 10 minutes. Drain excess oil, if necessary.
Add onions, celery, carrots, garlic and stock. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low and simmer until vegetables are soft, about 15 minutes. Stir in cooked orzo, spinach and Parmesan cheese; heat through. Adjust salt and pepper, as needed.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!