PCC Ginger Udon
Serves: 4 to 6
- 1 pound udon noodles Add to list
- 2 tablespoons safflower oil Add to list
- 1/4 head green cabbage, shredded Add to list
- 1 onion, diced Add to list
- 1/4 cup tamari Add to list
- 1/4 cup sesame oil Add to list
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar Add to list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic Add to list
- 2 ounces pickled ginger, minced, plus juice Add to list
- Pinch of cayenne pepper Add to list
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots Add to list
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds Add to list
Cook udon noodles in boiling water until tender, according to package directions. Drain, rinse and let dry.
Heat safflower oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Cook cabbage and onions until slightly softened, 5 to 7 minutes. Cool.
To prepare dressing: Mix tamari, sesame oil, vinegar, garlic, ginger and ginger juice, and cayenne pepper in a bowl.
Toss udon noodles with cabbage mixture, dressing, shredded carrots and sesame seeds.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »