PCC Ginger Udon
Serves: 4 to 6
- 1 pound udon noodles Add to list
- 2 tablespoons safflower oil Add to list
- 1/4 head green cabbage, shredded Add to list
- 1 onion, diced Add to list
- 1/4 cup tamari Add to list
- 1/4 cup sesame oil Add to list
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar Add to list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic Add to list
- 2 ounces pickled ginger, minced, plus juice Add to list
- Pinch of cayenne pepper Add to list
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots Add to list
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds Add to list
Cook udon noodles in boiling water until tender, according to package directions. Drain, rinse and let dry.
Heat safflower oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Cook cabbage and onions until slightly softened, 5 to 7 minutes. Cool.
To prepare dressing: Mix tamari, sesame oil, vinegar, garlic, ginger and ginger juice, and cayenne pepper in a bowl.
Toss udon noodles with cabbage mixture, dressing, shredded carrots and sesame seeds.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!