PCC Ginger Beets
- 3 pounds beets, rinsed and scrubbed Add to list
- 3/4 cup brown rice vinegar Add to list
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger Add to list
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic Add to list
- 1 teaspoon cane sugar Add to list
- 2 teaspoons basil oil Add to list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil Add to list
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh mint Add to list
Boil or steam beets 20 to 30 minutes, or until tender. A fork should easily slide through the beets when fully cooked. Slip skins off hot beets under cold, running water. (Use gloves if you don’t want the beet juice to stain your hands.) Cut off root and stem ends. Cool in refrigerator.
Mix together vinegar, ginger, garlic, sugar, basil oil and olive oil until dressing is blended. Cut cooled, peeled beets into 1-inch wedges, preserving their round shape. Toss with dressing. Garnish with fresh mint.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »