PCC Deluxe Roasted Mushrooms
Serves: 6 to 8
A perennial favorite at the PCC Deli during the holidays. Serve as a side with the meal, or an appetizer beforehand.
- 1 1/4 pounds crimini mushrooms, halved Add to list
- 1 1/4 pounds shiitake mushrooms, halved Add to list
- 1 1/4 pounds portobello mushrooms, thickly sliced Add to list
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided Add to list
- Salt and black pepper, to taste Add to list
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced into 3/4-inch pieces Add to list
- 2 cups chopped roasted tomatoes Add to list
- 1/4 cup tamari Add to list
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar Add to list
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar Add to list
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic Add to list
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme Add to list
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano Add to list
Preheat oven to 425° F. Toss each type of mushroom separately with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast separately on baking sheets until lightly browned. Roasting times vary for each type of mushroom, so roasting separately is advised; expect 15 to 30 minutes per variety. Cool completely.
In a large bowl, toss green onions with mushrooms and tomatoes.
Whisk together tamari, vinegars, garlic, thyme and oregano until combined. Do not add oil to the dressing. The residual oil from the roasted tomatoes and mushrooms will be more than enough.
Add dressing to the bowl; toss to combine.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!