PCC Curried Lentil Soup
Yield: Makes about 2 quarts
- 1 tablespoon neutral-flavored oil Add to list
- 1 cup diced carrots Add to list
- 3/4 cup diced celery Add to list
- 1/2 cup diced onion Add to list
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic Add to list
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger Add to list
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin Add to list
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander Add to list
- 1 teaspoon garam masala Add to list
- 2 cups green lentils, rinsed and drained Add to list
- 4 cups water Add to list
- 3 ounces fresh spinach, chopped Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
Heat oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add carrots, celery, onions, garlic and ginger; cook until soft, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in spices and lentils; cook for 1 additional minute.
Pour in water and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, partially covered, until lentils are tender, 30 to 40 minutes. When lentils are tender, stir in spinach; season to taste with salt and pepper.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!