PCC Curried Lentil and Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup quinoa Add to list
- 1 1/2 cups water Add to list
- 1 1/4 cups French lentils Add to list
- 1/3 cup cashew pieces Add to list
- 1/3 cup lime juice Add to list
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger Add to list
- 1 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 1 tablespoon curry powder Add to list
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander Add to list
- 1/2 cup olive oil Add to list
- 3/4 bunch green onions, sliced Add to list
- 2 shredded carrots Add to list
- 1 1/2 cups frozen sweet corn, thawed Add to list
Rinse quinoa and drain. Bring water to a boil. Add quinoa, return to a boil and then reduce heat to low. Simmer for 10 minutes. Turn off heat and leave covered for 1/2 hour. Cool on tray or cookie sheet in the refrigerator.
Sort and rinse lentils, add to a pot and boil in ample water for 25 to 30 minutes or until tender. Drain and rinse.
To toast cashew pieces, preheat oven to 350° F. Spread nuts on a cookie sheet and toast for about 4 to 5 minutes. Let cool.
Mix together lime juice, ginger, salt, curry powder, coriander and oil until blended. In a large bowl, combine dressing with lentils and quinoa.
Add cashews, green onions, carrots and corn to cooled and dressed quinoa/lentil mixture. Toss gently to combine.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!