PCC Curried Lentil and Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup quinoa Add to list
- 1 1/2 cups water Add to list
- 1 1/4 cups French lentils Add to list
- 1/3 cup cashew pieces Add to list
- 1/3 cup lime juice Add to list
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger Add to list
- 1 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 1 tablespoon curry powder Add to list
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander Add to list
- 1/2 cup olive oil Add to list
- 3/4 bunch green onions, sliced Add to list
- 2 carrots, shredded Add to list
- 1 1/2 cups frozen sweet corn, thawed Add to list
Rinse quinoa and drain. Bring 1 1/2 cups water to a boil. Add quinoa, return to a boil and then reduce heat to low. Simmer for 10 minutes. Turn off heat and leave covered for 1/2 hour. Cool on tray or baking sheet in the refrigerator.
Sort and rinse lentils, add to a pot and boil in ample water for 25 to 30 minutes or until tender. Drain and rinse.
To toast cashew pieces, preheat oven to 350° F. Spread nuts on a baking sheet and toast for 4 to 5 minutes. Let cool.
Mix together lime juice, ginger, salt, curry powder, coriander and oil until blended. In a large bowl, combine dressing with lentils and quinoa.
Add cashews, green onions, carrots and corn to cooled and dressed quinoa-lentil mixture. Toss gently to combine.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »