PCC Curried Chicken Cashew Salad
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast Add to list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil Add to list
- 3 ounces cashew pieces Add to list
- 1 cup vegenaise Add to list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder Add to list
- 3/4 teaspoon minced garlic Add to list
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice Add to list
- 3/4 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 1/2 bunch celery (about 6 ribs), sliced Add to list
- 3/4 cup frozen peas, thawed Add to list
Preheat oven to 325° F.
Toss chicken in olive oil and place on a baking sheet. Bake until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165° F, about 30 minutes. Cool. Dice cooled chicken into 1/4- to 1/2-inch cubes.
To toast cashew pieces, increase oven temperature to 350° F. Spread nuts on a baking sheet and toast for 4 to 5 minutes. Let cool.
Mix together vegenaise, curry powder, garlic, lemon juice and salt until dressing is blended. Toss chicken with dressing, celery, cashews and peas.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!