PCC Creamy Artichoke Soup
Yield: Makes about 2 quarts
- 1 tablespoon neutral flavored oil Add to list
- 1 cup diced onion Add to list
- 1 cup diced celery Add to list
- 1 cup diced carrots Add to list
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic Add to list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme Add to list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Herbes de Provence Add to list
- 1 teaspoon celery seed Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper Add to list
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste Add to list
- 3 (14-ounce) cans artichoke hearts, drained Add to list
- 2 cups vegetable stock Add to list
- 2 cups 2% milk Add to list
- 1/2 cup cream Add to list
- 1 bay leaf Add to list
Heat oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Cook onions, celery, carrots, garlic, thyme, Herbes de Provence, celery seed, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper until soft, 8 to 10 minutes.
Add artichoke hearts, vegetable stock, milk, cream and bay leaf. Bring to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes. Remove bay leaf and carefully blend soup with an immersion blender or in batches in a blender or food processor. Adjust seasoning and serve.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!