PCC Creamy Artichoke Soup
Yield: Makes about 2 quarts
- 1 tablespoon neutral flavored oil Add to list
- 1 cup diced onion Add to list
- 1 cup diced celery Add to list
- 1 cup diced carrots Add to list
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic Add to list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme Add to list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Herbes de Provence Add to list
- 1 teaspoon celery seed Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper Add to list
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste Add to list
- 3 (14-ounce) cans artichoke hearts, drained Add to list
- 2 cups vegetable stock Add to list
- 2 cups 2% milk Add to list
- 1/2 cup cream Add to list
- 1 bay leaf Add to list
Heat oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Cook onions, celery, carrots, garlic, thyme, Herbes de Provence, celery seed, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper until soft, 8 to 10 minutes.
Add artichoke hearts, vegetable stock, milk, cream and bay leaf. Bring to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes. Remove bay leaf and carefully blend soup with an immersion blender or in batches in a blender or food processor. Adjust seasoning and serve.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »