PCC Country Gravy
Serves: 6 to 8
- 4 cups 2% milk Add to list
- 1/4 yellow onion, minced Add to list
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter Add to list
- 5 tablespoons unbleached wheat flour Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper Add to list
- 1 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 1 teaspoon black pepper Add to list
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg Add to list
- 2 ounces (1/8 pound) pork breakfast sausage, cooked and chopped Add to list
- 2 ounces (1/8 pound) turkey sausage, cooked and chopped Add to list
- 1/2 cup chopped cooked bacon Add to list
Warm the milk in a saucepan over medium-low heat.
Sauté the onions in butter over medium heat. When onions are translucent, about 8 minutes, add the flour to make a roux. Lower heat and slowly add the warm milk to the roux, stirring constantly, until it thickens.
Add the cayenne pepper, salt, black pepper, nutmeg, sausages and bacon.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »