PCC Country Beef Soup
Serves: 10 to 12
Yield: Makes about 3 quarts
- 2 tablespoons high-heat oil, divided Add to list
- 1 pound ground beef Add to list
- 2 cups diced carrots Add to list
- 2 cups diced onions Add to list
- 2 cups diced celery Add to list
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic Add to list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground dried rosemary Add to list
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme Add to list
- 1 bay leaf Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
- 1/2 pound red potatoes, chopped Add to list
- 1 (14-ounce) can crushed tomatoes Add to list
- 5 cups beef broth Add to list
- 4 ounces frozen sweet corn Add to list
- 4 ounces frozen peas Add to list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley Add to list
- Hot sauce, to taste Add to list
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté beef until cooked through; drain if necessary.
In a large soup pot, heat remaining oil over medium heat. Add carrots, onions, celery, garlic, rosemary, thyme, bay leaf, salt and pepper. Cook until soft, 7 to 10 minutes. Stir in cooked beef, potatoes, tomatoes and broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook until potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes.
When potatoes are cooked, stir in corn, peas, parsley and hot sauce. Heat through.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!