PCC Corn Chowder
Serves: 4 to 6
Yield: Makes about 1 1/2 quarts
- 2 tablespoons butter Add to list
- 1 cup diced onions Add to list
- 1 cup diced celery Add to list
- 16 ounces frozen sweet corn Add to list
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced Add to list
- 3/4 teaspoon dried dill Add to list
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme Add to list
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
- 2 cups water, or more as needed Add to list
- 1/4 cup heavy cream Add to list
In a large soup pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add diced onions and cook until soft, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in celery and cook 5 minutes more. Add corn, bell pepper, dill, thyme, basil, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
Add water just to cover; bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes. Puree half the soup with an immersion blender or in a food processor (in batches). Stir in cream and season to taste with salt and pepper.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!