PCC Corn Chowder
Serves: 4 to 6
Yield: Makes about 1 1/2 quarts
- 2 tablespoons butter Add to list
- 1 cup diced onions Add to list
- 1 cup diced celery Add to list
- 16 ounces frozen sweet corn Add to list
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced Add to list
- 3/4 teaspoon dried dill Add to list
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme Add to list
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
- 2 cups water, or more as needed Add to list
- 1/4 cup heavy cream Add to list
In a large soup pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add diced onions and cook until soft, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in celery and cook 5 minutes more. Add corn, bell pepper, dill, thyme, basil, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
Add water just to cover; bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes. Puree half the soup with an immersion blender or in a food processor (in batches). Stir in cream and season to taste with salt and pepper.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »