PCC Coq au Vin
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs Add to list
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided Add to list
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided Add to list
- 2 teaspoons black pepper, divided Add to list
- 1 medium onion, diced Add to list
- 1 celery rib, diced Add to list
- 3/4 pound white mushrooms, sliced Add to list
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic Add to list
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme Add to list
- 1 bay leaf Add to list
- 1 cup white wine Add to list
- 1/2 cup crushed tomatoes Add to list
- 1 quart chicken stock Add to list
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot powder Add to list
- 1 tablespoon cold water Add to list
Preheat oven to 350º F.
Toss chicken thighs in 1/4 cup oil and season with 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper. Roast in oven for 30 minutes. Drain off excess fat and liquid. Cool.
In a large sauté pan, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Sauté onions, celery, and mushrooms for 2 minutes, then add the garlic, thyme and bay leaf. Deglaze pan with the wine and let boil. Add tomatoes, remaining salt and pepper, and stock; return to a boil. Mix arrowroot with water to form a slurry. Add to liquid and let thicken.
Place chicken in a casserole dish and cover with the sauce. Cover pan and bake in oven for 45 minutes. Serve with rice, noodles or potatoes.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!