PCC Coq au Vin
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs Add to list
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided Add to list
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided Add to list
- 2 teaspoons black pepper, divided Add to list
- 1 medium onion, diced Add to list
- 1 celery rib, diced Add to list
- 3/4 pound white mushrooms, sliced Add to list
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic Add to list
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme Add to list
- 1 bay leaf Add to list
- 1 cup white wine Add to list
- 1/2 cup crushed tomatoes Add to list
- 1 quart chicken stock Add to list
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot powder Add to list
- 1 tablespoon cold water Add to list
Preheat oven to 350º F.
Toss chicken thighs in 1/4 cup oil and season with 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper. Roast in oven for 30 minutes. Drain off excess fat and liquid. Cool.
In a large sauté pan, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Sauté onions, celery, and mushrooms for 2 minutes, then add the garlic, thyme and bay leaf. Deglaze pan with the wine and let boil. Add tomatoes, remaining salt and pepper, and stock; return to a boil. Mix arrowroot with water to form a slurry. Add to liquid and let thicken.
Place chicken in a casserole dish and cover with the sauce. Cover pan and bake in oven for 45 minutes. Serve with rice, noodles or potatoes.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »