PCC Chorizo con Frijoles Negros
Serves: 4 to 6
Prep time: 30 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil Add to list
- 1/2 cup diced onion (about 1 small onion) Add to list
- 1 green bell pepper, diced Add to list
- 3/4 pound chorizo sausage Add to list
- 24 ounces canned black beans, rinsed and drained Add to list
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth Add to list
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic Add to list
- 2 teaspoons salt Add to list
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin Add to list
- 2 teaspoons paprika Add to list
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander Add to list
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes Add to list
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro Add to list
Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper and chorizo, cooking until vegetables are tender and chorizo is cooked through, 7 to 10 minutes. Drain off fat, if desired.
Add the beans, broth, garlic, salt, cumin, paprika, coriander and red pepper flakes, and bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through and flavors are combined, 10 to 15 minutes.
Garnish with cilantro just before serving.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!