PCC Chorizo con Frijoles Negros
Serves: 4 to 6
Prep time: 30 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil Add to list
- 1/2 cup diced onion (about 1 small onion) Add to list
- 1 green bell pepper, diced Add to list
- 3/4 pound chorizo sausage Add to list
- 24 ounces canned black beans, rinsed and drained Add to list
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth Add to list
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic Add to list
- 2 teaspoons salt Add to list
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin Add to list
- 2 teaspoons paprika Add to list
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander Add to list
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes Add to list
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro Add to list
Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper and chorizo, cooking until vegetables are tender and chorizo is cooked through, 7 to 10 minutes. Drain off fat, if desired.
Add the beans, broth, garlic, salt, cumin, paprika, coriander and red pepper flakes, and bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through and flavors are combined, 10 to 15 minutes.
Garnish with cilantro just before serving.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »