PCC Chili Verde
Serves: 6 to 8
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice flour Add to list
- 2 teaspoons salt Add to list
- 2 teaspoons black pepper Add to list
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless pork shoulder, cut into 1-inch cubes Add to list
- 3/4 cup olive oil, divided Add to list
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced Add to list
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic Add to list
- 1/2 cup canned diced green chiles Add to list
- 2 teaspoons chili powder Add to list
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin Add to list
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano Add to list
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander Add to list
- 2 cups chicken stock Add to list
- 2 cups tomatillo sauce Add to list
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped Add to list
- 1 bay leaf Add to list
Preheat oven to 350º F.
Combine flour, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Toss pork cubes in the flour mixture to coat.
Roast the pork on an oiled sheet pan until crispy and brown on all sides, about 25 to 30 minutes. Drain well when done.
In a large pan, sauté onions, garlic and green chiles in remaining oil for 2 minutes. Add chili powder, cumin, oregano and coriander and sauté for 1 minute more. Deglaze the pan with chicken stock.
Add the pork, tomatillo sauce, cilantro and bay leaf and stir well.
Turn heat to low, cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally. Adjust consistency with chicken stock.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »