PCC Chili Con Carne
Yield: 3 quarts
A warming and hearty combination of beef and beans.
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef Add to list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil Add to list
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced Add to list
- 2 ribs celery, diced Add to list
- 2 medium carrots, diced Add to list
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped Add to list
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano Add to list
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes Add to list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder Add to list
- 1 (12-ounce) can crushed tomatoes Add to list
- 1 (12-ounce) can diced tomatoes Add to list
- 1 (12-ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained Add to list
- 1/2 cup water, or as needed Add to list
- 1 cup tomato sauce Add to list
- 2 tablespoons red wine Add to list
In a large soup pot, sauté ground beef in oil over medium heat until lightly browned and cooked through, about 10 minutes.
Add onion, celery, carrots, green pepper, oregano, garlic, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and chili powder. Cook until veggies are soft, about 8 minutes.
Add tomatoes, kidney beans, water, tomato sauce and red wine. Bring to a simmer until heated through. Adjust salt to taste.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!