PCC Chili Con Carne
Yield: 3 quarts
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef Add to list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil Add to list
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced Add to list
- 2 ribs celery, diced Add to list
- 2 medium carrots, diced Add to list
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped Add to list
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano Add to list
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic Add to list
- 2 teaspoons salt Add to list
- 2 teaspoons black pepper Add to list
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes Add to list
- 1 tablespoon chili powder Add to list
- 12-ounce can crushed tomatoes Add to list
- 12-ounce can diced tomatoes Add to list
- 12-ounce can kidney beans, rinsed and drained Add to list
- 1 1/2 cups water Add to list
- 1 cup tomato sauce Add to list
- 2 tablespoons red wine Add to list
In a large soup pot, sauté ground beef in oil over medium heat until lightly browned and cooked through, about 10 minutes.
Add onion, celery, carrots, green pepper, oregano, garlic, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and chili powder. Cook until veggies are soft, about 8 minutes.
Add tomatoes, kidney beans, water, tomato sauce and red wine. Bring to a simmer until heated through. Adjust salt to taste.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »