PCC Chicken Noodle Soup
Yield: 3 quarts
- 1 1/4 pounds roasted chicken meat Add to list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil Add to list
- 1 1/2 medium yellow onions, diced Add to list
- 6 celery ribs, diced Add to list
- 2 medium carrots, diced Add to list
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic Add to list
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning Add to list
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano Add to list
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme Add to list
- 1 teaspoon dried basil Add to list
- Salt and black pepper, to taste Add to list
- 8 cups chicken stock Add to list
- 1/4 pound egg noodles Add to list
Pick meat from roasted chicken and set aside. Make stock out of the bones or use packaged chicken stock.
In a large soup pot, heat oil over medium heat. Sauté onions, celery, carrots, garlic and spices until soft, 8 to 12 minutes.
Add chicken and chicken stock to cover. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat and cool. Cook noodles separately according to instructions on package, 6 to 8 minutes. Rinse to cool completely. Add to soup and season with salt, as needed.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »