PCC Chicken Noodle Soup
Yield: 3 quarts
- 1 1/4 pounds roasted chicken meat Add to list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil Add to list
- 1 1/2 medium yellow onions, diced Add to list
- 6 celery ribs, diced Add to list
- 2 medium carrots, diced Add to list
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic Add to list
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning Add to list
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano Add to list
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme Add to list
- 1 teaspoon dried basil Add to list
- Salt and black pepper, to taste Add to list
- 8 cups chicken stock Add to list
- 1/4 pound egg noodles Add to list
Pick meat from roasted chicken and set aside. Make stock out of the bones or use packaged chicken stock.
In a large soup pot, heat oil over medium heat. Sauté onions, celery, carrots, garlic and spices until soft, 8 to 12 minutes.
Add chicken and chicken stock to cover. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat and cool. Cook noodles separately according to instructions on package, 6 to 8 minutes. Rinse to cool completely. Add to soup and season with salt, as needed.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!