PCC Chicken Divan
Serves: 4 to 6
- 4 cups chicken broth Add to list
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter Add to list
- 1/4 yellow onion, minced Add to list
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil Add to list
- 2 teaspoons salt Add to list
- 1 teaspoon black pepper Add to list
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour, sifted Add to list
- 2 cups chopped broccoli Add to list
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast Add to list
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese Add to list
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Bring chicken broth to a boil. Set aside.
To caramelize onions, melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add minced onion and sauté for about 3 minutes without stirring. Continue to sauté over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until onions begin to brown. Reduce heat to medium-low and continue to sauté, stirring about once a minute, until the onions are soft and brown.
After the onions are caramelized, add basil, salt and pepper. To make the roux, stir in flour and then add heated chicken stock; cook until thickened. Remove from heat.
Steam the broccoli for 2 minutes; set aside. Place chicken breasts in a casserole dish and top with broccoli and then sauce. Bake for 20 minutes.
Add shredded cheese and let brown slightly, about 10 more minutes. Internal temperature of chicken should reach 165° F.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!