PCC Chicken and Basmati Rice Soup
Yield: 4 quarts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil Add to list
- 1 diced onion Add to list
- 4 ribs celery, diced Add to list
- 1 1/2 cups diced carrots Add to list
- 10 cups chicken stock Add to list
- 1 1/8 pounds cooked chicken meat, chopped Add to list
- 2 teaspoons dried sage Add to list
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme Add to list
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric Add to list
- 1 teaspoon black pepper Add to list
- 1 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 1/2 cup cooked basmati rice Add to list
In a soup pot, heat oil over medium heat and add vegetables. Sauté vegetables until soft, about 8 minutes.
Add stock, meat and spices. Bring to a boil, reduce temperature to low and simmer for 1/2 hour or more. Add cooked rice when simmering is complete.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »