PCC Chicken and Basmati Rice Soup
Yield: 4 quarts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil Add to list
- 1 onion, diced Add to list
- 4 ribs celery, diced Add to list
- 1 1/2 cups diced carrots Add to list
- 10 cups chicken stock Add to list
- 1 pound cooked chicken meat, chopped Add to list
- 2 teaspoons dried sage Add to list
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme Add to list
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric Add to list
- Salt and black pepper, to taste Add to list
- 1/2 cup cooked basmati rice Add to list
Heat oil in a soup pot, over medium heat. Add onions, celery and carrots. Sauté vegetables until soft, about 8 minutes.
Add stock, chicken, sage, thyme, turmeric, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce temperature to low and simmer for 30 minutes. Add cooked rice and heat through.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »