PCC Chicken and Basmati Rice Soup
Yield: 4 quarts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil Add to list
- 1 diced onion Add to list
- 4 ribs celery, diced Add to list
- 1 1/2 cups diced carrots Add to list
- 10 cups chicken stock Add to list
- 1 1/8 pounds cooked chicken meat, chopped Add to list
- 2 teaspoons dried sage Add to list
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme Add to list
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric Add to list
- 1 teaspoon black pepper Add to list
- 1 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 1/2 cup cooked basmati rice Add to list
In a soup pot, heat oil over medium heat and add vegetables. Sauté vegetables until soft, about 8 minutes.
Add stock, meat and spices. Bring to a boil, reduce temperature to low and simmer for 1/2 hour or more. Add cooked rice when simmering is complete.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!