PCC Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
Serves: 6 to 8
- 2 tablespoons olive oil Add to list
- 1/4 yellow onion, diced Add to list
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic Add to list
- 12 ounces canned crushed tomatoes Add to list
- 1/2 cup water Add to list
- 1 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 2 teaspoons chipotle powder Add to list
- 2 teaspoons paprika Add to list
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin Add to list
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano Add to list
- 1/2 cup canned diced green chiles Add to list
- 1 1/4 pounds cooked chicken meat, cubed Add to list
- 12 corn tortillas Add to list
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese Add to list
- 1 cup Quattro Formaggio cheese Add to list
Preheat oven to 325º F.
To make sauce, heat oil in a wide pan over medium heat. Sauté onion and garlic until soft, about 8 minutes. Add crushed tomatoes, water, salt, chipotle powder, paprika, cumin and oregano. Simmer for 10 minutes.
In a bowl, mix together diced green chiles and cubed chicken.
Dip tortillas into sauce sparingly and place on the bottom of a greased casserole dish. Spread the chicken mixture over the tortillas and then add a layer of cheese. Repeat with another layer of the chicken mixture. Spread the remaining cheese evenly over the dish.
Bake, covered, for 45 minutes. Remove cover and bake an additional 10 minutes to brown the cheese.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »