PCC Carrot Cake
Yield: Makes one (10-inch) single layer cake
This popular cake typically gets frosted with PCC Cream Cheese Frosting.
- 2 cups flour Add to list
- 1 1/3 cups sugar Add to list
- 2 teaspoons baking soda Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon Add to list
- 2 eggs Add to list
- 1 cup sunflower oil Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla Add to list
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple, drained Add to list
- 1 1/3 cups shredded carrots (3 to 4 carrots) Add to list
- 1/3 cup Thompson raisins Add to list
Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly grease and flour a 10-inch springform pan.
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. In a small bowl, beat eggs until yolks and whites are well blended, then beat in oil and vanilla. Pour wet ingredients into dry mixture, and gently combine with a broad spatula or wooden spoon. Mixture will be fairly stiff. Fold in crushed pineapple, shredded carrots and raisins
Spread batter in prepared springform pan. Bake for 45 to 55 minutes, until a cake tester or toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the cake. Let cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then run a knife along the edge of the cake and remove the ring from the springform. Flip the cake onto a cooling rack. Frost once it’s completely cool.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!