PCC Breakfast Potatoes
- 1 pound yams, cut into 1-inch chunks Add to list
- 1 pound red potatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks Add to list
- 1 pound yellow potatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks Add to list
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided Add to list
- 1 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 1 teaspoon black pepper Add to list
- 1/2 pound yellow onions, sliced into 1/4-inch half moons Add to list
Preheat oven to 350º F.
Steam or boil yams and potatoes for 10 minutes to parboil. Rinse lightly to cool.
Toss yams and potatoes in 1/4 cup oil, salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until brown and tender.
To caramelize onions, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat until hot; add sliced onions and sauté for about 3 minutes without stirring. Continue to sauté over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until onions begin to brown. Reduce heat to medium-low and continue to slowly sauté, stirring about once a minute, until the onions are soft and brown. This process can take 15 to 45 minutes depending on desired darkness of onions. Cool.
Combine roasted yams and potatoes and caramelized onions.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »