PCC Bombay Potato Soup
Serves: 10 to 12
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cooking oil Add to list
- 2 cups diced onions Add to list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric Add to list
- 1 1/2 pounds small red potatoes, quartered Add to list
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut on the diagonal Add to list
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste Add to list
- 2 (14-ounce) cans garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained Add to list
- 1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes Add to list
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped Add to list
- 1/4 cup currants Add to list
In a large soup pot, heat oil, onions, curry powder, garam masala and turmeric over medium heat. Cook onions until soft, stirring frequently, about 7 minutes. Stir in potatoes and carrots; add enough water to cover. Season with salt and pepper.
Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook until potatoes and carrots are tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in garbanzo beans, tomatoes, bell pepper and currants; heat through. Season with additional salt and pepper, if necessary.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!