PCC Beef Stroganoff
- 1 pound lean ground beef Add to list
- 2 tablespoons butter Add to list
- 1/4 pound crimini mushrooms, sliced Add to list
- 1/2 cup chopped onion Add to list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic Add to list
- 2 tablespoons flour Add to list
- 2 1/2 cups beef broth Add to list
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce Add to list
- 2 teaspoons paprika Add to list
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
- 1/2 cup sour cream Add to list
- Cooked egg noodles or rice, for serving Add to list
In a large soup pot, sauté ground beef in butter over medium heat until lightly browned and cooked through, about 10 minutes. Drain off excess fat. Add mushrooms, onions and garlic; cook until vegetables are soft, 5 to 10 minutes. Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute.
Add broth, Worcestershire, paprika, thyme, salt and pepper; simmer until beef flavors meld, 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in sour cream. Serve over cooked noodles or rice.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »