PCC Beef Stroganoff
- 1 pound lean ground beef Add to list
- 2 tablespoons butter Add to list
- 1/4 pound crimini mushrooms, sliced Add to list
- 1/2 cup chopped onion Add to list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic Add to list
- 2 tablespoons flour Add to list
- 2 1/2 cups beef broth Add to list
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce Add to list
- 2 teaspoons paprika Add to list
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
- 1/2 cup sour cream Add to list
- Cooked egg noodles or rice, for serving Add to list
In a large soup pot, sauté ground beef in butter over medium heat until lightly browned and cooked through, about 10 minutes. Drain off excess fat. Add mushrooms, onions and garlic; cook until vegetables are soft, 5 to 10 minutes. Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute.
Add broth, Worcestershire, paprika, thyme, salt and pepper; simmer until beef flavors meld, 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in sour cream. Serve over cooked noodles or rice.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!