PCC Beef Stew
- 3/4 cup brown rice flour Add to list
- 1 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 1 teaspoon black pepper Add to list
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes Add to list
- Cooking oil spray Add to list
- 1 1/4 pounds red potatoes, quartered Add to list
- 1/3 pound yellow onion, diced Add to list
- 1/4 pound carrots, diced Add to list
- 1/4 pound celery, diced Add to list
- 1 cup sliced crimini mushrooms Add to list
- 1 cup red wine Add to list
- 1 cup beef broth Add to list
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce Add to list
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce Add to list
- 1 1/4 cups water Add to list
- 2 bay leaves Add to list
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme Add to list
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed under running water Add to list
- 1/2 cup frozen sweet corn, thawed under running water Add to list
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Combine flour, salt and pepper in large bowl. Toss meat in batches to coat.
Place meat on a parchment-lined baking sheet, spray with oil and bake until browned, about 20 minutes.
In large stockpot, add potatoes, onion, carrots, celery, mushrooms and cooked beef. Add wine, beef broth, tomato sauce, Worcestershire, water, bay leaves and thyme.
Cover and simmer until everything is tender and sauce has thickened slightly, stirring occasionally, about 2 hours. Stir in frozen peas and corn during the last 15 minutes of cooking.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!