PCC Beef Minestrone Soup
Yield: About 10 cups
- 1 1/4 pounds lean ground beef Add to list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil Add to list
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced Add to list
- 2 medium carrots, diced Add to list
- 3 ribs celery, diced Add to list
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic Add to list
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning Add to list
- 2 teaspoons salt Add to list
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes Add to list
- 12 ounces diced tomatoes Add to list
- 12 ounces canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained Add to list
- 12 ounces canned garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained Add to list
- 1 cup tomato sauce Add to list
- 1/2 cup tomato paste Add to list
- 1/4 cup red wine Add to list
- 1/8 pound Parmesan rind Add to list
- Water (enough to cover ingredients) Add to list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil Add to list
In large soup pot, sauté ground beef in oil over medium heat until lightly browned and cooked through, about 10 minutes.
Add onions, carrots, celery, garlic and spices and cook for 10 minutes.
Add remaining ingredients (except basil); cook over low heat for 1 hour. Remove Parmesan rind and add basil before serving.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »