PCC Autumn Orzo
Serves: 4 to 6
- 1 pound butternut squash, cut into 1-inch cubes Add to list
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
- 2 cups orzo pasta Add to list
- 6 tablespoons PCC Basil Oil Add to list
- 1/2 cup white balsamic vinegar Add to list
- 1/4 cup roasted garlic cloves Add to list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme Add to list
- 4 ounces baby arugula Add to list
- 1 cup toasted pumpkin seeds Add to list
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese Add to list
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries Add to list
Preheat oven to 450° F.
Toss squash with 1 tablespoon oil, salt and pepper. Roast on a rimmed baking sheet in the oven until tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Cool.
Cook orzo in a large pot of boiling, salted water until tender, according to package directions. Drain, rinse and cool.
Combine remaining 5 tablespoons oil, PCC Basil Oil, vinegar, roasted garlic cloves and thyme in a food processor or blender. Season with salt and pepper. Puree until smooth.
In a large bowl, combine dressing with cooled squash, orzo, arugula, pumpkin seeds, Parmesan and cranberries.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!