PCC Autumn Orzo
Serves: 4 to 6
- 1 pound butternut squash, cut into 1-inch cubes Add to list
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
- 2 cups orzo pasta Add to list
- 6 tablespoons PCC Basil Oil Add to list
- 1/2 cup white balsamic vinegar Add to list
- 1/4 cup roasted garlic cloves Add to list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme Add to list
- 4 ounces baby arugula Add to list
- 1 cup toasted pumpkin seeds Add to list
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese Add to list
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries Add to list
Preheat oven to 450° F.
Toss squash with 1 tablespoon oil, salt and pepper. Roast on a rimmed baking sheet in the oven until tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Cool.
Cook orzo in a large pot of boiling, salted water until tender, according to package directions. Drain, rinse and cool.
Combine remaining 5 tablespoons oil, PCC Basil Oil, vinegar, roasted garlic cloves and thyme in a food processor or blender. Season with salt and pepper. Puree until smooth.
In a large bowl, combine dressing with cooled squash, orzo, arugula, pumpkin seeds, Parmesan and cranberries.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »