PCC Au Gratin Potatoes
- 2 1/2 pounds russet potatoes, scrubbed Add to list
- 2 teaspoons olive oil Add to list
- 3/4 pound (about 1 1/2 medium) yellow onions, diced Add to list
- 1 cup heavy cream Add to list
- Olive oil spray Add to list
- 1 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 1 teaspoon black pepper Add to list
- 1/3 pound Quattro Formaggio cheese, shredded Add to list
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley Add to list
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Steam or boil potatoes for 10 minutes to parboil. When cool enough to touch, slice potatoes 1/4-inch thick.
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and sauté for 2 minutes. Add cream and gently heat. Set aside.
Liberally spray a large casserole pan with olive oil spray. Scatter potatoes in a single layer and sprinkle potatoes with salt and pepper. Add another layer of potatoes and sprinkle with more salt and pepper.
Sprinkle a thin layer of cheese over the potatoes and repeat with 2 more layers of potatoes. Add parsley to cream and combine. Coat potatoes with cream mixture and cover pan. Bake in oven for 45 to 60 minutes. Check doneness with a paring knife in center; potatoes should be tender and yield to the knife.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »