PCC Au Gratin Potatoes
- 2 1/2 pounds russet potatoes, scrubbed Add to list
- 2 teaspoons olive oil Add to list
- 3/4 pound (about 1 1/2 medium) yellow onions, diced Add to list
- 1 cup heavy cream Add to list
- Olive oil spray Add to list
- 1 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 1 teaspoon black pepper Add to list
- 1/3 pound Quattro Formaggio cheese, shredded Add to list
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley Add to list
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Steam or boil potatoes for 10 minutes to parboil. When cool enough to touch, slice potatoes 1/4-inch thick.
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and sauté for 2 minutes. Add cream and gently heat. Set aside.
Liberally spray a large casserole pan with olive oil spray. Scatter potatoes in a single layer and sprinkle potatoes with salt and pepper. Add another layer of potatoes and sprinkle with more salt and pepper.
Sprinkle a thin layer of cheese over the potatoes and repeat with 2 more layers of potatoes. Add parsley to cream and combine. Coat potatoes with cream mixture and cover pan. Bake in oven for 45 to 60 minutes. Check doneness with a paring knife in center; potatoes should be tender and yield to the knife.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!