PCC Asparagus and Orzo Salad
Serves: 6 to 8 as a side dish
- 6 tablespoons olive oil Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest Add to list
- 1 pound orzo pasta Add to list
- 2 pounds asparagus, woody stems removed and cut into diagonal pieces 1 1/2 inches long Add to list
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice Add to list
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard Add to list
- 1/4 cup herbes de Provence Add to list
- 1 teaspoon sea salt Add to list
- 1 teaspoon black pepper Add to list
- 1 yellow bell pepper, core removed and cut into thin strips Add to list
- 1 cup pitted Kalamata olives, rinsed and drained Add to list
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled Add to list
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced Add to list
Combine oil and lemon zest in a small bowl; set aside.
Cook orzo in a large pot of boiling, salted water until tender, according to package directions. Drain, rinse and let dry. Toss with 2 tablespoons lemon oil; set aside.
Blanch asparagus in boiling water until the color just begins to change. Using a slotted spoon, transfer asparagus to a bowl of ice water. Let asparagus cool then drain.
To prepare dressing, mix lemon juice, Dijon, Herbes de Provence, salt, pepper and remaining lemon oil in a small bowl.
In a large bowl, combine orzo, asparagus, bell pepper, olives, feta, onion and dressing.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »