PCC Asparagus and Orzo Salad
Serves: 6 to 8 as a side dish
- 6 tablespoons olive oil Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest Add to list
- 1 pound orzo pasta Add to list
- 2 pounds asparagus, woody stems removed and cut into diagonal pieces 1 1/2 inches long Add to list
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice Add to list
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard Add to list
- 1/4 cup herbes de Provence Add to list
- 1 teaspoon sea salt Add to list
- 1 teaspoon black pepper Add to list
- 1 yellow bell pepper, core removed and cut into thin strips Add to list
- 1 cup pitted Kalamata olives, rinsed and drained Add to list
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled Add to list
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced Add to list
Combine oil and lemon zest in a small bowl; set aside.
Cook orzo in a large pot of boiling, salted water until tender, according to package directions. Drain, rinse and let dry. Toss with 2 tablespoons lemon oil; set aside.
Blanch asparagus in boiling water until the color just begins to change. Using a slotted spoon, transfer asparagus to a bowl of ice water. Let asparagus cool then drain.
To prepare dressing, mix lemon juice, Dijon, Herbes de Provence, salt, pepper and remaining lemon oil in a small bowl.
In a large bowl, combine orzo, asparagus, bell pepper, olives, feta, onion and dressing.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!