PCC African Peanut Soup
Yield: Makes about 2 quarts
- 1 tablespoon high-heat oil Add to list
- 1 cup diced onions Add to list
- 1 green bell pepper, diced Add to list
- 1 red bell pepper, diced Add to list
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic Add to list
- 1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes Add to list
- 5 cups water Add to list
- Black pepper, to taste Add to list
- Pinch of crushed red pepper Add to list
- 1/4 cup short-grain brown rice Add to list
- 6 tablespoons creamy peanut butter Add to list
- Sea salt, to taste Add to list
Heat oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Add onions, peppers and garlic; sauté until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, water, black pepper and crushed red pepper; simmer for 30 minutes. Add the rice and simmer for 45 minutes. Stir in the peanut butter and salt, until dissolved and smooth.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!