- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil Add to list
- 1 large clove garlic, chopped Add to list
- 6 ounces asparagus, thinly sliced in 1 1/2-inch pieces Add to list
- 1 small red bell pepper, thinly sliced in 1 1/2-inch pieces Add to list
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced in 1 1/2-inch pieces Add to list
- Parmigiano Reggiano cheese to taste, grated Add to list
- Salt and pepper to taste Add to list
- 1 pound fresh or 12-ounces dried fettucine Add to list
Heat a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil, then asparagus and garlic. Toss for 30 seconds. Add red bell pepper, toss and add zucchini. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add salt and pepper.
Boil a large pot of water and cook pasta as directed on the package. Drain pasta and save 1 cup of cooking water. Toss vegetables and pasta together in the skillet, adding Parmigiano-Reggiano to taste and cooking water as needed to make a thick sauce.
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor
Source: Sound Consumer April 2008
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »