Pasta with Prawns in White Wine Butter Sauce
- 1/2 pound spaghetti or linguine Add to list
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil Add to list
- 12 to 16 prawns, peeled and deveined, tails left on Add to list
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme Add to list
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds Add to list
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, minced Add to list
- 1/2 cup dry white wine Add to list
- 1/4 cup fish stock or clam juice Add to list
- 2 tablespoons cold, unsalted butter, cut into 3 pats Add to list
- Salt and freshly ground pepper Add to list
- Fresh herb sprigs, for garnish Add to list
Cook pasta in boiling, salted water until al dente. Drain and keep warm while preparing the sauce.
Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Cook prawns with thyme, fennel and garlic for 3 to 4 minutes, or until prawns are just opaque.
Remove prawns and pour wine and stock or juice into the pan. Increase heat to medium-high and cook to reduce by half. Turn the heat to low and stir in cold butter, 1 pat at a time. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
Lightly toss pasta with wine sauce and prawns; heat gently. Serve garnished with fresh herb sprigs.
Each serving: 380 cal, 14g fat (4.5g sat), 55mg chol, 120mg sodium, 43g carb, 1g fiber, 2g sugars, 11g protein
Recipe by, PCC Chef