Pasta with Prawns
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil Add to list
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon red crushed peppers, or to taste Add to list
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes, cut in half Add to list
- 1 pound prawns with shell (deveined) Add to list
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste Add to list
- 1 pound cooked pasta, drained, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water Add to list
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley Add to list
Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the oil, garlic and red crushed pepper and cook until the garlic is lightly golden. Add the tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes or until it starts to bubble. Add the prawns, salt and cook until the prawns change color (1 to 2 minutes).
Add the cooked pasta to the sauce and cook together for about 1 minute. Adjust the salt and add the pasta water if needed. Turn off heat, add the parsley and serve immediately.
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor