Pasta with Prawns
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil Add to list
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon red crushed peppers, or to taste Add to list
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes, cut in half Add to list
- 1 pound prawns with shell (deveined) Add to list
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste Add to list
- 1 pound cooked pasta, drained, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water Add to list
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley Add to list
Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the oil, garlic and red crushed pepper and cook until the garlic is lightly golden. Add the tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes or until it starts to bubble. Add the prawns, salt and cook until the prawns change color (1 to 2 minutes).
Add the cooked pasta to the sauce and cook together for about 1 minute. Adjust the salt and add the pasta water if needed. Turn off heat, add the parsley and serve immediately.
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »