Pasta with Asparagus and Prawns
Since the cooking time for this dish is quick, cut all the vegetables ahead of time. Try to have the pasta done at the same time as the vegetables.
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil Add to list
- 1 pound medium to large prawns, shelled and deveined Add to list
- 6 ounces asparagus, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces Add to list
- 1 large clove garlic, minced Add to list
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces Add to list
- 1 small zucchini, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces Add to list
- Salt and pepper to taste Add to list
- 1/2 pound dried pasta or 1 pound fresh pasta Add to list
- Grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese to taste Add to list
Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil and the prawns. Cook 1 to 2 minutes until the prawns change color. Remove prawns, add the remaining olive oil, asparagus and garlic. Toss for 30 seconds. Add red pepper and zucchini. Stir and cook for 2 minutes. Add the prawns, salt and pepper. Keep warm.
Boil a large pot of water, add pasta and cook until al dente. Drain pasta and save 1 cup of the cooking water.
Toss vegetables, prawns and pasta together, adding Parmigiano Reggiano to taste and cooking water as needed to make a nice sauce.
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor
Source: Sound Consumer April 2007