Pasta and Kale Salad
Serves: 4 to 6
Hearty, deep-green kale is a beautiful and nutritious combination with the pasta. If you're nervous about trying the whole grain pasta, use half durum and half whole-wheat the first time. You'll quickly get acclimated!
- 1/2 bunch organic kale, blanched and chopped Add to list
- 1/2 bunch organic chard, blanched and chopped Add to list
- 1 package whole-wheat farfalle pasta Add to list
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar Add to list
- Juice from one large organic orange Add to list
- 1/3 cup olive oil Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper Add to list
Chop kale and chard. Cook in boiling water for 30 seconds, then rinse under cold water. Dry in a salad spinner.
Boil pasta and rinse under cold water.
Mix vinegar, orange juice, oil, salt and pepper. Toss all together and serve.
Recipe by, former PCC staff
Source: Served at the 2007 Annual Meeting