Pasta and Kale Salad
Serves: 4 to 6
Hearty, deep-green kale is a beautiful and nutritious combination with the pasta. If you're nervous about trying the whole grain pasta, use half durum and half whole-wheat the first time.
- 1/2 bunch kale, blanched and chopped Add to list
- 1/2 bunch chard, blanched and chopped Add to list
- 1 package whole-wheat farfalle pasta Add to list
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar Add to list
- Juice from one large orange Add to list
- 1/3 cup olive oil Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper Add to list
Chop kale and chard. Cook in boiling water for 30 seconds, then rinse under cold water. Dry in a salad spinner.
Boil pasta and rinse under cold water.
Mix vinegar, orange juice, oil, salt and pepper. Toss all together and serve.
Recipe by Rita Condon, former PCC Staff Nutrition Educator
Recipe by, former PCC staff
Source: Served at the 2007 Annual Meeting