PCC Pasta and Kale
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar Add to list
- 1/4 cup orange juice concentrate Add to list
- 1 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 1 teaspoon black pepper Add to list
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic Add to list
- 3/4 cup olive oil Add to list
- 1 1/2 pounds bow tie or pagoda pasta Add to list
- 1/3 pound chèvre-style goat cheese Add to list
- 1 1/2 red peppers Add to list
- 1 bunch green kale, washed and cut into thin strips Add to list
- 7 teaspoons poppy seeds Add to list
Mix together vinegar, orange juice concentrate, salt, pepper, garlic and oil until dressing is blended.
Boil pasta in ample water until al dente, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and lightly rinse. Toss with dressing while still warm.
Crumble goat cheese into the dressed pasta while still warm and toss gently to melt cheese.
Julienne red peppers by slicing them into thin matchsticks about 2 inches long. Toss peppers, kale and poppy seeds with dressed pasta and cheese.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!