Pappardelle with Sautéed Prawns, Pepper Bacon and Candied Cherry Tomatoes
Serves: 2 to 4
This beautiful and succulent dish is filled with romance! Prepare all of your ingredients in advance and it comes together literally in 15 minutes. The sweet, tender prawns are framed perfectly by the rustic noodles and accompanied to perfection by the tangy goat cheese, smoky bacon and earthy truffle oil.
- 1/2 pound pappardelle pasta Add to list
- 3 strips thick-cut pepper bacon, diced Add to list
- 1 shallot, peeled and thinly sliced Add to list
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced Add to list
- 12 to 16 prawns, peeled and deveined Add to list
- 2 cups baby spinach or arugula leaves Add to list
- 4 ounces fresh goat cheese Add to list
- 1 cup Candied Cherry Tomatoes Add to list
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste Add to list
- Basil-Meyer Lemon Truffle Oil Add to list
Cook the pasta in boiling, salted water until just al dente. Drain and toss with a little olive oil and set aside while you finish the rest of the dish.
In a wide sauté pan, cook the bacon over medium heat until just crisp. Remove from the pan. Reserve about 1 tablespoon of fat from the pan and drain the rest. Add the shallot, garlic and prawns and stir-fry until the prawns are just cooked through, about 4 to 5 minutes.
Toss in the warm pasta, spinach or arugula leaves, goat cheese, bacon and Candied Cherry Tomatoes and cook to heat through. Season with salt and freshly cracked pepper and serve drizzled with the Basil-Meyer Lemon Truffle Oil.
Recipe by, PCC Chef
Source: Demonstrated on KING 5's "New Day Northwest" show, which aired February 2, 2011.
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »