Pan Baked Cod
Serves: 4 to 6
- 4 medium carrots, cut into julienne strips Add to list
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced Add to list
- 4 medium onion, thinly sliced Add to list
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped Add to list
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped Add to list
- 2 pounds cod or other lean, white fish: hake, pollock, halibut, turbot Add to list
- 1/2 cup dry white wine Add to list
- 1/4 cup lemon juice Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
- 1 tablespoon butter Add to list
Toss the carrots, celery, onion, tomatoes and basil together. Spread one half of the vegetable mixture in a shallow casserole pan. Place fish fillets on top. Put remaining vegetables on top of the fish. Pour white wine and lemon juice over all. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Dot with butter.
Bake, covered, in a preheated 450°F oven, 15 to 20 minutes, or until fish becomes opaque and just begins to flake easily when tested with a fork.
Recipe by, former PCC staff
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »