Paleo Plum Pie with Crumb Topping
Yield: One 9-inch pie
For the crust
- 2 cups almond meal Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted Add to list
- 1 egg Add to list
For the filling
- 4 cups sliced plums Add to list
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar Add to list
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot powder Add to list
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice Add to list
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg Add to list
For the topping
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Place almond meal and salt in a food processor and pulse briefly. Add coconut oil and egg and pulse until mixture forms a ball, adding a little water if necessary to make dough stick. Press dough into a 9-inch pie dish.
Toss together filling ingredients in a bowl; arrange in pie crust and pour remaining liquid over the top.
Stir together topping ingredients and crumble over filling.
Bake until the filling is tender and the top is golden, 35 to 45 minutes.
Each of 8 servings: 390 cal, 32g fat (9g sat), 25mg chol, 95mg sodium, 23g carb, 5g fiber, 10g protein