Oven-roasted Sweet and Spicy Peach Chutney with Toasted Naan Crostini
- 4 naan or pita breads Add to list
- 1 tablespoon butter Add to list
- 4 tablespoons canola oil Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds Add to list
- 1 medium red onion, sliced Add to list
- 12 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper Add to list
- 6 fresh (skinned, pitted and quartered) or frozen and thawed peaches Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt Add to list
Cut naan or pita into triangle-shape wedges. Brush with butter and place in a pre-heated broiler. Let wedges crisp without burning. Remove from heat and set aside.
Preheat oven to 450° F.
In a cast iron skillet, gently warm canola oil and mustard seeds until seeds pop. Add onion and garlic and sauté for a few moments, then add cumin, coriander, turmeric and cayenne. Allow the spices to infuse the oil, then add peaches and season with salt. Stir well and place skillet in the oven and roast for 30 minutes.
Serve with naan or pita bread. Chutney can be served hot or chilled.
Recipe by, former PCC Cooks instructor
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »