Oven-roasted Kumquat Chicken
A terrific combination of earthy potatoes, savory rosemary and bright and tangy kumquats.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided Add to list
- 1 whole chicken, cut into pieces Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
- 4 limes, or to taste, divided Add to list
- 1 tablespoon honey Add to list
- 4 cloves garlic, minced Add to list
- 1 shallot, minced Add to list
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary Add to list
- 1 1/2 cups sliced kumquats, or to taste Add to list
- 1 cup whole cherry tomatoes Add to list
- 8 small new potatoes Add to list
Preheat oven to 400┬░ F. Coat a large roasting pan or cast-iron skillet with 1 tablespoon oil. Pat chicken dry with a paper towel and season with salt and pepper; set aside.
Slice 2 limes into wedges. Zest and juice remaining 2 limes; set aside. In a bowl, whisk together remaining oil, honey, garlic, shallot, rosemary, lime juice and lime zest; season with salt and pepper.
Add kumquats, tomatoes, potatoes and lime wedges to the bowl and toss to coat. Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan or skillet with a slotted spoon.
Coat chicken in remaining oil mixture and nestle in the pan skin-side up. Place in the oven and roast until chicken is cooked through (165┬░ F when measured with an instant-read thermometer) and potatoes are tender, basting with pan juices occasionally, 40 to 60 minutes.
Each serving: 740 cal, 27g fat (6g sat), 85mg chol, 290mg sodium, 90g carb, 12g fiber, 37g protein
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »