Oven-poached Pears with Pecans, Blue Cheese and Balsamic Reduction
- 2 pears (any variety will be lovely in this dish) Add to list
- 1 cup fresh apple cider Add to list
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar Add to list
- 1/4 cup maple syrup Add to list
- 2 ounces blue cheese Add to list
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans Add to list
- Whole herb sprigs, for garnish Add to list
- Figs and toasted pecans, for garnish Add to list
Preheat oven to 350º F.
Cut pears in half lengthwise. Remove stem and bottom end with a small knife and scoop out core with a spoon. Arrange pears, cut sides down, in an 8-inch-square or round baking dish. Pour apple cider on top and bake for 35 minutes.
Meanwhile, place balsamic vinegar and maple syrup in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mixture is a light syrup consistency. Set aside.
After 35 minutes, turn baked pears cut sides up. Sprinkle with blue cheese and pecans. Place back in the oven and cook for 10 minutes more.
Drizzle some of the balsamic-maple reduction on each of 4 salad plates and top each with a pear. Garnish with herb sprigs, quartered figs and pecans.
Recipe by, PCC Chef