Tomato, Cucumber, Spinach and Turkey Pinwheel Sandwiches
Yield: Makes 1 wrap, equaling 10 to 12 mini-sandwiches
- 1 11-inch sandwich wrap Add to list
- 1/4 cup softened cream cheese Add to list
- 1/4 cup hummus Add to list
- 4 to 6 slices turkey breast (about 4 ounces) Add to list
- 1 tomato, cut into thin slices (about 8) Add to list
- 12 to 16 thin slices English cucumber Add to list
- 12 to 16 spinach leaves Add to list
Place wrap on a work surface and spread a thin layer of cream cheese evenly over the surface. Spread a thin layer of hummus over the cream cheese.
Now, imagine that the end result will be a multi-layered pinwheel ...
Spread turkey slices evenly over the bottom half of the wrap. Lay tomatoes, cucumber slices and spinach slices around the surface of the wrap, leaving the top third open. (This will allow for overflow as you roll.)
Starting from the bottom of the wrap tightly roll it, tucking in the ingredients as you roll, until the outer seams meet. Wrap the pinwheel in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1/2 hour to overnight.
When ready to serve, slice into 3/4-inch slices.
Recipe by, PCC Chef
Source: Demonstrated on KING 5's "Gardening with Ciscoe" show, which aired on September 5, 2009.