Organic Asparagus with White Beans and Hazelnuts
A simple yet impressive dish featuring fresh asparagus and tender white beans.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil Add to list
- 16 to 24 asparagus spears, cut into 2-inch pieces and tough ends removed Add to list
- 1 cup chopped raw hazelnuts Add to list
- 4 to 8 cloves garlic, minced (how much do you love garlic?) Add to list
- 2 cups cooked white beans Add to list
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped basil leaves Add to list
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste Add to list
- Juice of 1/2 lemon Add to list
- Extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling Add to list
- Grated Parmesan cheese and basil leaves, for serving Add to list
In a large, heavy sauté pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat until the surface begins to move. Stir-fry the asparagus and hazelnuts 4 to 6 minutes, or until the asparagus is crisp-tender and jade green. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute more.
Toss in the white beans, basil, salt and pepper and heat through. Squeeze in the lemon juice and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
If desired, garnish with grated Parmesan and whole, fresh basil leaves.
Each serving: 400 cal, 29g fat (3g sat), 0mg chol, 200mg sodium, 27g carb, 10g fiber, 13g protein
Recipe by, PCC Chef