Orange, Carrot and Broccoli Stir-fry
Serves: 4 to 6
Yield: 4 to 6 main dish servings
Prep time: 30 minutes
In Asian cooking, oranges and carrots are often paired together. They match perfectly, with the orange juice bringing out the sweetness of the carrots. Serve over brown rice, quinoa or millet.
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil Add to list
- 7 to 8 carrots, cut on the diagonal Add to list
- 4 stalks broccoli, cut into bite-size pieces Add to list
- 2 oranges, peeled and segmented Add to list
- 4 tablespoons catsup Add to list
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup Add to list
- 4 tablespoons tamari Add to list
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts Add to list
Heat the oil in a hot wok. Add the carrots and broccoli and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
Add the oranges and heat through softly, trying not to break the orange segments as you stir.
Mix the catsup, maple syrup and tamari together in a small bowl. Add the mixture to the pan and stir-fry for another 3 to 4 minutes.
Transfer the stir-fry to a warm serving dish and sprinkle on the chopped peanuts. Do not allow to cool; serve immediately.
Source: Sound Consumer January 2002