One-pan Roasted Asparagus and Halibut with Tomato-Lime Butter
Serves: 4 to 6
This simple meal takes advantage of the freshest flavors of spring. It’s quick and easy to prepare, making it ideal for busy weeknights.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil Add to list
- 1 pound pencil-thick asparagus Add to list
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste Add to list
- 4 1-inch-thick halibut fillets, about 1 1/2 to 2 pounds Add to list
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted Add to list
- 1 medium Roma tomato, minced Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon lime zest Add to list
- Juice of 1/2 lime Add to list
Oil a shallow 12-inch by 18-inch baking pan with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Clean and dry the asparagus. Remove any tough ends, and then toss the asparagus with remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. Spread over 2/3 of the oiled baking pan.
Rinse the fish and pat dry. Place on the other end of the oiled baking pan. Combine the melted butter, minced tomatoes, herbs, zest and lime juice in a small bowl. Brush or spoon over the fish. (This portion of the recipe can be made in advance. Cover and refrigerate until ready to roast.)
Preheat oven to 450° F.
Place uncovered pan of asparagus and fish in the oven and roast for 10 to 12 minutes or until the fish is opaque inside. Serve immediately.
Each serving: 380 cal, 23g fat (8g sat), 75mg chol, 310mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 38g protein
Make it a meal
This healthy and enjoyable meal showcases spring's first fresh flavors with a simple preparation that's a snap for weeknight cooking.
Recipe by, PCC Staff
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »