One-pan Roasted Asparagus and Halibut with Tomato-Lime Butter
Serves: 4 to 6
This simple meal takes advantage of the freshest flavors of spring. It’s quick and easy to prepare, making it ideal for busy weeknights.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided Add to list
- 1 pound pencil-thick asparagus Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
- 4 (1-inch-thick) halibut fillets (1 1/2 to 2 pounds) Add to list
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted Add to list
- 1 Roma tomato, minced Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon lime zest Add to list
- 1/2 lime, juiced Add to list
Preheat oven to 450° F.
Oil a shallow 12- by 18-inch baking pan with 1 tablespoon oil. Remove any tough ends from asparagus, and then toss with remaining 2 tablespoons oil, salt and pepper. Spread over 2/3 of the oiled baking pan.
Rinse fish and pat dry. Place on the other end of the oiled baking pan. Combine melted butter, tomatoes, herbs, zest and lime juice in a small bowl; brush or spoon over the fish.
Place the uncovered pan of asparagus and fish in the oven and roast for 10 to 12 minutes or until fish is opaque inside. Serve immediately.
Each serving: 380 cal, 23g fat (8g sat), 75mg chol, 310mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 38g protein
Make it a meal
This healthy and enjoyable meal showcases spring's first fresh flavors with a simple preparation that's a snap for weeknight cooking.
Recipe by, PCC Staff