Nuts and Seeds Pesto with Lime and Chipotle
Yield: About 1 cup
Use this pesto in the recipe for Crispy Salmon Cakes with Roasted Mushrooms and Wheat Germ.
- 1/4 cup seeds (such as pumpkin, sunflower, sesame, flax) Add to list
- 1/4 cup nuts (such as walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts) Add to list
- 1/4 cup cilantro Add to list
- 3/4 cup spinach or tender chard Add to list
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder Add to list
- 1/3 cup or more extra virgin olive oil Add to list
- Juice and zest of 1 lime Add to list
- Hot sauce, to taste Add to list
- Salt, to taste Add to list
You may toast the seeds and nuts or leave them raw. Place all of the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor or blender and blend until nice and chunky. Add a little more olive oil if it is too dry.
Recipe by, PCC Chef
Source: Demonstrated on KING 5's "New Day Northwest" show, which aired October 12, 2011.
ABOUT OUR CHEF: Lynne Vea
Lynne Vea is a graduate of the Executive Chef Program at Le Cordon Bleu, Paris and has been cooking with PCC Natural Markets since 2001. Featured on King-5’s "Gardening with Ciscoe," she demonstrates easy and delicious recipes using seasonal ingredients.
Lynne is an admired PCC Cooks instructor, teaching a variety of popular PCC Cooks classes throughout the year.
She loves to collect old cookbooks, hunt for wild berries, and cook seven-course dinners where the guests are encouraged to dance and cavort between courses.
Find more recipes from Lynne.