Nuts and Seeds Pesto with Lime and Chipotle
Yield: About 1 cup
Use this pesto in the recipe for Crispy Salmon Cakes with Roasted Mushrooms and Wheat Germ.
- 1/4 cup seeds (such as pumpkin, sunflower, sesame, flax) Add to list
- 1/4 cup nuts (such as walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts) Add to list
- 1/4 cup cilantro Add to list
- 3/4 cup spinach or tender chard Add to list
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder Add to list
- 1/3 cup or more extra virgin olive oil Add to list
- Juice and zest of 1 lime Add to list
- Hot sauce, to taste Add to list
- Salt, to taste Add to list
You may toast the seeds and nuts or leave them raw. Place all of the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor or blender and blend until nice and chunky. Add a little more olive oil if it is too dry.
Recipe by, PCC Chef
Source: Demonstrated on KING 5's "New Day Northwest" show, which aired October 12, 2011.