Not So Traditional Caprese Salad
- 2 to 3 tomatoes Add to list
- Sea salt, to taste Add to list
- 4 to 6 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese Add to list
- 8 whole basil leaves Add to list
- An assortment of olives Add to list
- 1/2 cup marinated artichoke hearts Add to list
- 8 slices prosciutto Add to list
- balsamic vinegar, for drizzling Add to list
Northwest Arugula-hazelnut Pesto
Slice the tomatoes crosswise into 1/4-inch thick slices. Sprinkle with a little of the sea salt. Slice the mozzarella into the same thickness. On a platter or each of 4 plates, arrange the tomato slices intermittently with the sliced mozzarella and the basil leaves. Scatter with the olives and artichoke hearts and drape the prosciutto alongside. Drizzle with the balsamic vinegar. Serve with Arugula-hazelnut Pesto.
For Northwest Arugula-Hazelnut Pesto
(Makes about 1-1/2 cups)
Place all of the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor or blender and blend until slightly chunky.
Recipe by, PCC Chef
Source: Demonstrated on KING 5's "Gardening with Ciscoe" show aired on July 14, 2007