Prep time: 10 minutes
This salad features beautiful greens, oranges and reds from fresh ingredients filled with vitality, an ideal combination to aid a cleansing detox.
- 2 packed cups of kale and chard, washed and destemmed Add to list
- 2 cups grated raw carrot or beet, or a combination (washed well, with skin on) Add to list
- 1 cup grated apple (washed well, with skin on) Add to list
- 3 to 4 tablespoons unrefined olive oil or sesame oil Add to list
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fresh citrus juice, such as lime Add to list
- 2 tablespoons raw apple cider vinegar Add to list
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds Add to list
- Pinch of sea salt, to taste Add to list
If you have a food processor, pulse kale and chard until well chopped but not mush; if not, use knife to finely chop. Place greens, carrots or beets and apple in a large bowl. Add oil, citrus juice and vinegar and combine.
Toast pumpkin seeds in a skillet over medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes until fragrant and browning. Add to salad, toss and serve. This salad will keep nicely in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Recipe by, former PCC Cooks instructor