Northwest Arugula-Hazelnut Pesto
Yield: Makes about 1-1/2 cups
- 1 cup basil leaves Add to list
- 1 cup arugula leaves Add to list
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (or more for a thinner pesto) Add to list
- 1/4 cup roasted garlic cloves (available in PCC's olive bar) Add to list
- 1/4 cup chèvre cheese Add to list
- 1/4 cup toasted hazelnuts Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt Add to list
Place all of the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor or blender and blend until slightly chunky. Add extra olive oil if the mixture is too thick.
Recipe by, PCC Chef
Source: Demonstrated on KING 5's "Gardening with Ciscoe" show, which aired on May 14, 2011.