New Potatoes with Green Pea Puree
Yield: Makes 24 pieces
- 12 small red potatoes Add to list
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas, thawed Add to list
- 1 cup cooked or canned white beans Add to list
- 4-ounce can diced green chiles Add to list
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice Add to list
- 1 teaspoon olive oil Add to list
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin Add to list
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion Add to list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
- Fresh chives or other fresh herbs for garnish Add to list
Wash and cut potatoes in half. Place potatoes in a single layer on a steamer rack and place over a pot of hot water. Cover with a lid and steam 6 to 8 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Remove from steamer and cool.
Once potatoes are cool, use a small end of a melon baller to remove a small amount of potato from the center of each half. Save removed piece of potato for another use.
Put remaining ingredients (except fresh herbs) in a food processor and process until smooth. Cut chives into 1-inch pieces. If using other herbs, remove leaves from stem.
Fill each potato half with a dollop of pea mixture. Garnish with fresh herbs. Chill until ready to serve.
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor
Source: Demonstrated on the PCC Cooks stage at Vegfest 2013.